Curious about what it takes to learn to fly? We host a FREE Private Pilot ground school twice a year. We are currently accepting registrations for our eight-week winter ground school which will begin January 22nd. If you’d like to add your name to the list for the winter ground school, just contact Kevin Morrison in the form below or directly at Kevin.Morrison@crowe.com to reserve your spot!
Items you’ll need:
Bolded items may be available at the Rochester Airport terminal building.
- E6B Flight Computer (there is also a metal version here)
- Sectional Plotter
- FAR/AIM book (optional)
- Rod Machado’s Private Pilot Handbook*
*Purchasing Rod Machado’s book is optional, but you may find that having the book is helpful!
Classes meet weekly and begin at 7:00 p.m. at the Rochester airport terminal building.
Useful Links for Students
- FREE Ground School! Click here to learn more!
- FREE "Study Buddy" from Sporty's: A test prep computer program.
- Find out all the information you ever wanted to know about any airport 🙂
- Listen to real pilots and air traffic controllers in real time.
- Not sure what that symbol means? Look it up here!
- This is not an official weather briefing site, but if you are a member of AOPA, you get to have free access to this helpful tool.