Curious about what it takes to learn to fly? We host a FREE Private Pilot ground school twice a year. Our winter ground school is full. We do not currently have a date for our summer ground school but it will likely start the first or second Tuesday of August. Check back here to sign up!
Items you’ll need:
Bolded items may be available at the Rochester Airport terminal building.
- E6B Flight Computer (there is also a metal version here)
- Sectional Plotter
- FAR/AIM book (optional)
- Rod Machado’s Private Pilot Handbook*
*Purchasing Rod Machado’s book is optional, but you may find that having the book is helpful!
Classes meet weekly and begin at 7:00 p.m. at the Rochester airport terminal building.
Useful Links for Students
- FREE Ground School! Click here to learn more!
- FREE "Study Buddy" from Sporty's: A test prep computer program.
- Find out all the information you ever wanted to know about any airport 🙂
- Listen to real pilots and air traffic controllers in real time.
- Not sure what that symbol means? Look it up here!
- This is not an official weather briefing site, but if you are a member of AOPA, you get to have free access to this helpful tool.