Free Instrument Ground School
Offering our first free Instrument Pilots ground school!
*Note that with the pandemic, we may have to push back the dates, but feel free to get your name on the list!
UPDATE: Classes will now start Tuesday, May 5. It will run Tuesday nights from 7:00pm local to 10:00 pm for 8 weeks.
The target audience is:
- Instrument students who want to prepare for the knowledge test
- Instrument students who want to supplement their flight training
- Currently instrument rated pilots who would like a refresher
- Anyone else that might be interested in what all this instrument flying stuff is about
Location: Rochester Airport Terminal Building, 545 N SR 25, Rochester, Indiana.
Contact Cliff Hill at email@example.com or 734-502-5291 or via the email form below to reserve your spot!
Classes meet weekly and begin at 7:00 p.m. at the Rochester airport terminal building.
Items you’ll need:
We’ll be using the following materials:
- Instrument Flying Handbook FAA-H-8083-15B
- Aviation Weather AC_00-6B
- Aviation Weather Services AC_00-45H
- 14 CFR Part 91
- 14 CFR Part 61
- Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM)
All can either be purchased (Amazon, Sporty’s, etc.), can be downloaded for free at faa.gov, or can be read online.
Useful Links for Students
- FREE Ground School! Click here to learn more!
- FREE "Study Buddy" from Sporty's: A test prep computer program.
- Get weather briefings and plan flights
- FREE app that does everything ForeFlight does
- App on iTunes: FltPlanGO
- App on Google Play: FltPlanGO
- Not a legal source for weather and navigation, but still good info.
- Find out all the information you ever wanted to know about any airport 🙂
- Listen to real pilots and air traffic controllers in real time.
- Not sure what that symbol means? Look it up here!
- This is not an official weather briefing site, but if you are a member of AOPA, you get to have free access to this helpful tool.